It isn’t always easy to recognise abuse, especially when you’re living with the abuser daily facing physical, emotional, verbal, and/or financial abuse.
When you love someone, and they say they love you too, it can be hard to believe they would intentionally hurt you. That’s why it’s important to take a step back and reflect on your experience. Listen to the warnings you receive from family and friends. To help you honestly reflect, below are some important questions you should ask yourself.
- Does your partner have constant mood changes, are they “charming one minute and abusive the next?”
- Does your partner criticise you in public, in front of family and friends?
- Does your partner control your money?
- Does your partner intimidate you by acting violently, by shouting and smashing furniture?
- Has your partner threatened to harm or kill you?
Click here for more questions to help you reflect on your situation?