Amy Thomson describes how important it is to establish boundaries online. Thomson advises that it is important to have an open communication with your partner about your boundaries regarding social media use.
- Some important steps to take when setting digital boundaries with your partner include:
- Understand your own limitations, how much you want your partner’s involvement on social media
- Find the right time to talk to your partner about these limitations
- Only you get to decide how you want to communicate online, and there should never be any pressure on you from your partner to share private, intimate details online.
- No one should expect you to share your passwords to any of your social media accounts.
Thomson gives detail on this issue. View the full article here.