Paisley Gilmour shares seven things you should never say to a survivor of domestic violence, she warns about why you shouldn’t and advises on how you should respond instead. Below we’ve listed five of those things you should never say.
- “Why don’t you just leave?”
- “Really?! That seems so unlike them”
- “I’m sure they didn’t mean it. Were they just drunk?”
- “I would never let someone treat me like that. Why do you let them get away with it?”
- “What did you do to make them hit you?”
Click here to read her full article on Cosmopolitan.